UO Tennis: Brooke Hughes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Grade: Freshman

Major: Pre-Journalism

Hometown: Austin, Texas

HCO: Why did you decided to come to Oregon? I was recruited for the Duck’s tennis team and fell in love with it on my first visit.

HCO: How long have you been playing tennis? Since I was 10 years old.

HCO: What is your favorite tennis memory? Winning Junior Team Tennis Nationals. So far my favorite college tennis memory was our first team trip to the Air Force Academy.

HCO: What is a typical day at practice like? Practice starts at 3 p.m. We warm up, do a few drills, and then play points. After, we do conditioning and weights.

HCO: Who is your role model and why? My coach growing up. He’s worked through so many challenges and has always been able to inspire me to work hard and keep dreaming.

HCO: What else are you involved in at the U of O? I’m in Alpha Phi’s sorority.

HCO: Besides tennis, what interests you? I’m really into cinematography and making videos.

HCO: Your boyfriend is on the UO baseball team. Is it difficult to maintain a relationship with your participation in sports? It’s definitely hard to work around our schedules, but we see each other pretty often at Jaqua, and make time when we have little open slots. The season hasn’t started for either of us yet, but we’re looking forward to cheering each other on and going to events.

HCO: Do you have a favorite quote to live by? “Fate loves the fearless.” Taking risks will give you rewards.

Currently a senior at the University of Oregon, I am the Editor-In-Chief of the Oregon chapter of Her Campus. My dream is to be able to combine my love for travel with my love for journalism. I hope to be a part of something inspiring.  
The official Her Campus Oregon account