This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Age: 20

Year: 
 Junior

Hometown: Salem, OR 

Major: Advertising

What motivated you to run for Panhellenic President?

I was on PHC Exec last year as the VP of Civic Engagement, and that was such an awesome opportunity. Our exec board was like a family, and we had a blast working together to help move Fraternity and Sorority Life in the right direction. When Annie, our previous FSL Director, left in June, I think I realized that a lot could change in the next year for FSL as a whole, and I wanted to be able to fight for things that were important to us as a community and see us through this time of change. Its hard to accomplish a lot in a year, so I am very grateful that I can carry out some of the goals from 2012 with our wonderful new exec.

What is your favorite aspect about Greek Life?

Through the experience of being on exec last year, I fell in love with our community and learned how amazing it is to be involved in a group that not only excels in community engagement, philanthropy, university involvement, and academics, but that also truly has each others backs. The way our community can come together is so inspiring to me.

Are you involved in any other activities or organizations on campus?

I am currently getting more heavily involved with my major, advertising. I love being an Ad major, so I’m starting to throw myself into a lot of projects and internships.

What are your plans after you graduate?

After graduation, I’d really like to get an awesome advertising job at an agency in Austin, Texas. But, I’m trying not to make too many plans; I’ll just see where life goes. I just want to end up somewhere new and different!

Do you have a role model?

Lindsay Lohan. Kidding. My role model is kind of a hybrid of a few people I really admire. Kelly Cutrone is a self-made woman, and she really doesn’t take any shit from people. I can certainly appreciate that. Jay-Z is easily my idol; artistic, hard working, multi-faceted, he makes big things happen. Right now, I’m kind of on the Rebel Wilson bandwagon. Anyone who can make people laugh is admirable. She’s hilarious. And I have major respect for her confidence.

What advice can you give students who would like to get more involved on campus?

My advice is to just go for it. No organization is too big or too small to get involved with. The things you least expect could be the gateway to finding your niche at the University. If it doesn’t work out, then you can probably meet some new people and learn some things along the way. As they say, you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. So just put yourself out there.

The official Her Campus Oregon account