Style > Beauty

Trying Out Top-Rated Beauty Products From Target

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Lately, I’ve been really into skin and hair care. I’ve always struggled with having oily hair and have had consistent acne for a few years now, so I figured that it was time to make a change. I tried out the top-rated hair, makeup, and skincare products at Target, and here is what I thought about them:

Hair Products

L’Oreal Paris Elvive Extraordinary Clay Rebalancing Shampoo & Conditioner ($3.99 each) 

★★★★☆ (Target’s Rating) v. ★★★★☆ (My Rating)

I’ve always struggled with having oily hair, so I was definitely on the hunt for a shampoo and conditioner that would help. After reading that the products were for “oily roots and dry ends,” I decided to give them a try. So far, I’ve been pleasantly surprised and have found that my hair feels a lot less oily and more hydrated, which is especially important for me because I am constantly putting heat onto my hair.  

Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Perfector Flexible Hold Straightening Mist ($3.49)

★★★★☆ (Target’s Rating) v. ★★★★★ (My Rating) 

Since I am constantly blow-drying and straightening my hair, I knew that I need a good heat-protectant. Not only does it protect your hair from heat, but also tames frizz and leaves your hair with a sleek finish. 

TRESemmé Between Washes Style Refresh All-In-One Spray ($4.99)

Personally, dry shampoo is always the one thing I can never get right. It either leaves my hair gray or stiff. However, that wasn’t the case with the TRESemmé All-In-One Spray. This dry shampoo is really easy to absorb into your hair, plus it leaves it feeling smooth and smelling good. 

Skin Care Products

Biore Charcoal Deep Cleansing Pore Strips ($5.99)

★★★★☆ (Target’s Rating) v. ★★★☆☆ (My Rating) 

I’ve tried all types of pore strips before, and have found that these work the best. They are perfect if you want to get rid of blackheads quickly. However, there are only 6 strips for $5.99, and they go by pretty quickly. 

Bioré Charcoal Whipped Detox Face Mask ($6.49)

★★★★☆ (Target’s Rating) v. ★★☆☆☆ (My Rating)

This wasn’t my favorite product. Even though it did leave my face feeling smooth, it didn’t seem to help my skin otherwise, specifically my pores.  

Makeup Products

Honest Beauty Extreme Length Mascara + Lash Primer ($16.99)

This is probably one of the best mascara’s I’ve ever tried. Even though it’s on the pricier side, in my opinion, it’s worth the splurge. Not only is it a two-in-one, but it doesn’t clump up when you apply it and it’s long-lasting. 

I'm a Journalism Major at the University of Oregon who loves to write, take photos, and do anything that allows me to be creative!
The official Her Campus Oregon account