This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Over my past four years at the University of Oregon, I have been searching for the best workout places in Eugene. I’ve tried everything from the rec center classes to outdoor runs through campus and the surrounding neighborhoods and to just about every workout gym in the area. And I have finally narrowed my search down to my top three places. While I know that working out is a very individual experience, many of these places offer your first class free, so you might as well give it a try. So bring a friend and go and get your sweat on!

1. Star Cycle

My spin craze starting in high school, I used to take spin classes at my local gym, but no spin class compares to cycle studios. In just 45 minutes, you can get a full-body workout. With the darkroom and loud music, this workout is like no other. During every spin class, I am able to push my body farther than ever before and have some fun doing it. Some other similar options include cycle bar, soul cycle, or team ride.

1. Orange Theory

If you are not into riding a stationary bike, another challenging workout option is Orange Theory. The class is divided into three different sections, treadmill, rower, and weight floor. Every participant wears a heart rate band projected onto a screen to keep track of their heart rate and progress throughout the class. Orange Theory also provides a competitive feeling for those who thrive in competition. Every changing class dynamic offers a full-body workout and keeps you distracted, so the time goes by quickly.

1. B-Fit Eugene

This is a brand-new gym opening in the Eugene area. This gym provides workout classes surrounding bungee cords and trampolines. This equipment workouts muscles that are often forgotten about. The classes are only 30 minutes which is an excellent option if you have a busy schedule and have trouble fitting fitness into your schedule.

All of these fitness classes are good options for any fitness level. Whether you are a trained fitness guru to a fitness beginner, all of these classes are at your level. All of these gyms also include instructors and trainers who will help guide you through the class. And with the dark rooms and music, all of these options will give you a great workout vibe and feeling. I have tried a lot of different fitness classes over my past four years at the University of Oregon, and these three are by far my favorites. So, my advice to you is to bring a friend and try something new.

Hello my name is Michelle Lundahl and I am studying Public Relations and Legal Studies at the University of Oregon. I love to write and share my random thoughts and opinions, so I thought Her Campus would be the perfect platform. I hope that the readers are able to gain something from my writing each week, and to overall enjoy! Thank you for reading!