Thoughts on the Final Season of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

(Be aware of some spoilers)

I just recently finished the final season of the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, a reboot of Sabrina the Teenage Witch from the 90’s. The two shows are very contrasting, the original series is an American Sitcom whereas the spinoff is more of a dark and drama related show on Netflix by the producers who created Riverdale. The last season, Part 4, released on December 31,2020, but I didn’t watch until mid January and had recently finished it. 

In the beginning of the season, I felt very sad for Sabrina because she was questioning her purpose of life without being in a relationship. It was very relatable to viewers who have gone through many rough heartbreaks and being surrounded by friends that are always with their significant other. I related to this, but as the series progressed, it showed character development of Sabrina and her accepting the life that she chose to live. The overall theme of the season contained eldritch terrors, which are ancient, immortal, world-ending entities. There are 8 of them, The Darkness, The Uninvited, The Weird, The Perverse, The Cosmic, The Returned, The Endless, and The Void.

Throughout the final season, there was an emotional rollercoaster with shocking twists, devastating deaths, romantic scenes of “Nabrina”, and the reunion of Fright Club. I was also amazed by the musical numbers in some of the episodes including the cast performing songs such as Sixteen Going on Seventeen, Time Warp, Sweet Child o’ Mine, and more. I think that the directors and producers did an outstanding job of wrapping up the season with a variety of scenes that were action-filled, gory, mysterious, and passionate.

The finale left me in tears with the death of both Sabrina Morningstar and Sabrina Spellman, but also joy because of the reunion of Sabrina and Nick and the world being at balance. It was the ending that I was not expecting, but also a closing that I was satisfied with. I highly recommend giving this show a watch if you are a fanatic of Riverdale and are a sucker for Drama, dark fantasy, and mystery.

Hello! My name is Courtney Yamada, I am a junior at the University of Oregon, studying Public Relations and Advertising with a Business Administration minor. I am from Seal Beach, CA and have 2 shih tzus named Cody and Pepper back home. I love going to the beach or go on hikes with friends and family. I am excited to be a part of the HerCampus team to express myself through my writing! Sco Ducks!
The official Her Campus Oregon account