mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Summer 2015’s Must-See Music Festivals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Now that Coachella, Stagecoach and Sasquatch are finally over, I know that all you music festival buffs are anxiously waiting for the next big concert. With summer just around the corner, here is a guide to a few must-see music festivals happening this summer. 

Electric Daisy Carnival 

Where: Las Vegas, Nevada

When: June 19-21

Are you going to be in Vegas in June? Make sure to check out Electric Daisy Carnival hosted by the company Insomniac Events. More than 700,000 people attended the 2014 festival. 

Vans Warped Tour

Where: Check scheduling for dates based on location.

Warped Tour is the largest traveling music festival in the United States. It travels all around the country included Arizona, Texas, New York and a whole lot more. Check the website to see if it is coming to a city near you. 

Lollapalooza

Where: Chicago, Illinois

When: July 31-August 2

If you’re interested in alternative rock, heavy metal, punk rock and hip hop bands then Lollapalooza is the music festival for you. In just a two or three-day period, Lollapalooza hosts more than 160,000 people in Grant Park, Chicago, Illinois. 

Outside Lands

Where: San Fracisco, California

When: August 7-9

Outside Lands is held annually in San Francisco, California, at Golden Gate Park. Not only will there be performers like Kendrick Lamar, Odesza, and Iration, but it also has attractions such as food, wine and art. This is one music festival you won’t want to miss. 

Made in America 

Where: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 

When: September 5-6

Budweiser Made in America Festival was founded by Jay-Z and his business associate, Steve Stoute. After last years disappointing ticket sales at the Los Angeles location, it was announced that the festival would return to it’s original format of being held in Philadelphia. 

The official Her Campus Oregon account