This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

We all know that feeling, it’s the thick of finals week and all we want to do is absolutely nothing. It’s been weeks of preparation (aka procrastination for some) to get ready before crossing the finish line and you’re almost there. But after cramming for two days straight you can agree a study break is well deserved. And although going through your three favorite social media apps or netflix is fun, it’s always nice to mix it up every once in awhile right? And that is exactly what Ashley and I did to finish out our finals week blues. We decided to do a DIY spa night in, where we would periodically reward ourselves for how far we’ve come. These included listening to music, painting nails, face masks, and of course the obligatory polaroid photo! There are many other things one can add to a spa night such as using or making different kinds of face masks, using or making hair masks, or even meditating together (with cucumber slices on your eyes obviously). Whatever you end up doing during your spa theme study break or any study break just know it’s worth it. It’s always nice to step away from your work and reflect. That way when you come back you have a fresh perspective on a subject. I know studying for finals is not fun, but it’s possible to make it better when you have friends and a fun study break planned! Happy finals week everyone!

Hi there! I'm glad you made it to my page! My name is Gillian George, and I am a junior/incoming senior at the University of Oregon. I am currently getting into the Advertising program of the Journalism Major and have a minor of business. Writing and photography are my two biggest passions in life, I have been taking portriats for  a few years now and I am trying to create a small business out of it! I love talking to people and helping people with any sort of situation. I grew up surrounded by my family who all work in the medical field, and I enjoy educating people on womens health so if you have any questions feel free to ask away! I also love food, traveling, and a good mystery television show or movie!
Ashley Ferris is an Entertainment Writer for Her Campus Media. Previously Her Campus Oregon chapter's Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief, she's a recent public relations graduate from the University of Oregon. In her free time, Ashley enjoys jamming out to country music, following the latest news on social media and drinking Starbucks coffee on the regular. She loves talking about "Friends" TV show, chocolate candies and anything related to Disney. You can follow her on Twitter @ashleybird17.
The official Her Campus Oregon account