Springtime Drinks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

April showers bring May flowers, and May flowers can only mean one thing. The sun has come out and the weather is warming up! We’re all spending more time outdoors in the sunshine, and those puffer coats are getting pushed to the back of our closets so the shorts and skirts can come out! It’s time to put away the hot cocoa and give our taste buds a cool treat, so I scoured the Internet to find the 7 best Springy drinks you should try starting this week!

For the 21 and overs:

Pink Frost
Love strawberries? The Pink Frost is calling your name! It’s like a creamosa with alcohol, what could be better?!

Spring Melon
Another cool refreshing drink, the Spring Melon combines vodka, melon liqueur, and lime juice for one citrusy cool-down!

Strawberry Basil Mojito
Who doesn’t love a nice mojito? White rum and club soda make this fizzy drink to die for. Hey, the drink isn’t all bad for you if it has strawberries and basil in it, right?

Rhubarb Collins
Sweet, tart, and bubbly, the Rhubarb is the “quintessential early-spring ingredient” according to Jasper Soffer of New York City’s Mulberry Project.

Rabbit Punch
This drink has a mix of orange, lemon, and pineapple. It’s popularly served in L.A., but let it make an appearance in your apartment and be sure to garnish this drink with an orange slice!

For the under 21ers

Fruit and Sherbet Punch
A simple recipe that packs a lot of punch, pun intended! Combine soda with fruit juice and your choice of sherbet.

Rosemary
Strawberry, pineapple, guava, lime, lemonade.. what’s not to love?

Raspberry Spritzer
Want something low cal and light on sugar? The Raspberry Spritzer has only 168 calories. You’re welcome.

Watermelon Agua Fresca
A popular drink in Mexico, the Watermelon Agua Fresca combines watermelon with a little sugar, lime juice, and club soda.

– – –

Serena Piper will always consider herself a Southern belle, but for now she is a senior majoring in Magazine Journalism. Besides being the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Oregon, she is a freelance blogger at BookRenter.com. She is an avid news reader and watcher, loves to bake yummy desserts and watch Sex and the City reruns, go shopping with friends, and indulge in True Blood. She has big travel plans for after graduation and would eventually like to work for National Geographic or a travel magazine. She wouldn’t mind one bit if her life echoed Elizabeth Gilbert’s in Eat, Pray, Love. Follow her on Twitter!

Serena Piper will always be a Southern belle at heart, but for now she is a Senior Magazine Journalism student at the University of Oregon. She is an avid news reader and watcher, loves to bake yummy desserts and watch Sex and the City reruns, has big travel plans for after graduation and would eventually like to work for National Geographic. She wouldn't mind one bit if her life echoed Elizabeth Gilbert's in Eat, Pray, Love. To find out what Serena is up to, check out her blog and follow her on Twitter