This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

It is spring time here in Eugene. The sun is out and the term is looking up. Many students say that springtime is the best time in the area. As a senior I have found some springtime activities in Eugene that I love to do. 

• Hike Spencer’s Butte or Mount Pisgah: The weather is warm and the views are great. These local Eugene hiking spots have the best view of Eugene and are a great place to take a visitor or for a nice workout. 

• Saturday Market: Located in downtown Eugene, it is a great way to support local food vendors and get fresh produce. It is also a great place to go for good food and music. 

• Hendricks Park: This is such a great space to hang out with friends, play some games, have a nice dinner, or even go for a walk. 

• On campus picnic, the University of Oregon is such an open campus with lots of grass patches. In the spring time it is a great place to have an afternoon picnic or study session on the lawn. Some of the best spots are, behind the knight library, In front of Lillis, or by Global Scholars Hall. 

• Catch a spring UO sporting event: My personal favorite sporting season is the spring sports. The weather is super nice and the sporting events are never over crowded. SOme of my favorite sports teams to watch during this time are softball, baseball or check out the track team on the newly renovated Hayward field. 

• Dexters Reservoir: Located 30 minutes outside of Eugene is a beautiful reservoir where students can spend the day relaxing or swimming

Alyssa Arcos

Oregon '21

Hi! I am Alyssa, my friends call me lyss. I was born and raised in Southern California and go to Disneyland way too often. I am a junior at the University of Oregon majoring in public relations and advertising. I am really passionate about educating others on sexual assault and how to have healthy and consensual relationships. I love all things beauty, fashion, entertainment and travel. I am a VS PINK campus representative. I hope to one day make a difference and inspire young girls, I don't know how but I know I will. I love getting to express my thoughts and share my life experiences.