This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Name: Shelby Deffterios

Hometown: Sebastopol, CA

Major: Public Relations

Year: Junior

How would you describe your style?

I would describe my style as more chic or classic. I try to buy things that can be worn with multiple outfits, or different ways so it gives me a variety without buying a bunch of outfits separately. I like the polished, put together look, but that doesn’t always happen for my 8AMs.

What celebrity’s fashion do you idolize?

I’ve always idolized Blake Lively’s style. On the red carpet she always has the most classic looks, but still manages to pull off that hidden sexy look which I think is under appreciated. Her everyday look is constantly changing, but I love how she can just pair a sweater and boyfriend jeans with booties and look fantastic.

What is you go to winter outfit?

Recently I just got this awesome forest green Barbour outdoorsy jacket that looks super cute with ripped jeans, a flannel over a turtleneck and booties. Blanket scarves are also such a fun winter statement piece, so I like to switch up my outfit with rocking different ones, plus they keep you so warm! But since living in Oregon, I’ve learned that the best winter investment is rain boots. 

Where do you find yourself shopping the most?

Nordstrom is always my go to. They are constantly getting new things in, but they also always have my favorite jeans or basic flannels. Some of their stuff can be pretty pricey, but I always am finding good deals online. They also always have a killer shoe section and who doesn’t like that? 

University of Oregon student taking everything as inspiration.