This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

The Shag Bag

I’m sure you’ve had an experience or two, where you end up in a situation and you’re not prepared whatsoever. This could be ranging from pulling an all- nighter in the campus library studying for a test, all the way to ending up staying over at someone’s place and weren’t planning on it. Any kind of situation can come up day to day that you might not be fully prepared for, and if only we could have something in our bag that has EVERYTHING you might need #ALWAYSBEPREPARED. Well, now you can! Enter The Shag Bag! It’s a brand new product made to prepare you for any situation. The Shag Bag is a small zipper pouch with a cute design, containing a variety of products including but not limited to: tampons, condoms, dry shampoo, chapstick, Tylenol, razors, and a toothbrush(with toothpaste built in!). The Shag Bag is created by a University of Oregon alum, Kayli Pearsall, who always wished she had something like the Shag Bag when she was in college. In fact, Kayli said she made her own version of one while she was in school and even began making them for friends before she finalized The Shag Bag.  Kayli wants every college student to feel prepared for any situation day or night. The Shag Bag is also actively taking part in helping prevent the spread of STD’s among those within the 15-24 year old range. The Shag Bag has a little note sharing the statistic that “2.3 million people were diagnosed with STD’s last year”, which is meant to educate and help us be aware of this issue. The Shag Bag is currently in the process of being put into stores on the UO campus, and can currently be purchased from their Etsy store website https://www.etsy.com/shop/shoptheshagbag/ . Currently they are being priced at $18 per bag (and free shipping right now!) which is a super affordable way to always be prepared!

The Shag Bag will comfortably get you through a night or two without all your stuff! AND No more relying on the guy to have protection. #YouProtectYou. From now on you’ll #ALWAYSBEPREPARED

Here’s a look at what is inside The Shag Bag!

Hi there! I'm glad you made it to my page! My name is Gillian George, and I am a junior/incoming senior at the University of Oregon. I am currently getting into the Advertising program of the Journalism Major and have a minor of business. Writing and photography are my two biggest passions in life, I have been taking portriats for  a few years now and I am trying to create a small business out of it! I love talking to people and helping people with any sort of situation. I grew up surrounded by my family who all work in the medical field, and I enjoy educating people on womens health so if you have any questions feel free to ask away! I also love food, traveling, and a good mystery television show or movie!
The official Her Campus Oregon account