Raymond Klein ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Major: Human Physiology
Age: 21
Hometown: Bend, OR
Relationship Status: Single

HCO: In less than 365 days you will be a college graduate. In a perfect world, where would life be taking you?
I will probably be heading back to Bend, OR, where my family lives and starting the Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) program there to be a firefighter. If not, I’ll most likely have an internship at Desert Orthopedic where the U.S. ski and snowboard team train. With that I would get to travel a lot, which would be really cool.

HCO: What did you used to want to be when you grew up when you were a kid?
When I was little I always wanted to be a cowboy, and I guess I am at heart. 

HCO: As a science major school must take up a lot of your time. What do you do for your own happiness?
I’ve always been a runner and did cross country and track in high school. I still continue to run on my own now. I think my favorite place to run in Eugene would have to be Spencer’s Butte. I also started doing gymnastics a few years back and I really enjoy that, too.

HCO: What are the three most important things to you?
Well number one would have to be my dog, Rogue. Whenever I go home I’m always most excited to see him. Secondly, I really value being outdoors:  snowboarding, hiking, wakeboarding, skiing, swimming, you name it. Other than that I will always treasure my sense of adventure.

HCO: How do you handle stress during finals week?
I just get in the zone, throw the iPod in, visualize, and focus on what fun thing I’ll be doing afterwards when it’s all over.

HCO: What do you find the most attractive quality in a girl?
Besides having a connection with someone, punctuality. It may sound strange, but I hate when people are late, or when they say they’ll be somewhere and flake out. When a girl can follow through and be on time, it shows she actually cares.

HCO: How about the flip side of that? What do find the most unattractive quality?
It really bothers me when a girl doesn’t eat all her meal on a date. You won’t impress me by not eating.

HCO: Who is your celebrity crush?
Kevin Bacon…just kidding. My celebrity crush would definitely have to be Julianna Huff from Rock of Ages and Footloose. She is such a good singer and dancer.

HCO: What a makes a girl “girlfriend” material in your eyes?
For me, she has to put time and effort into a relationship. Not like she and I have to be together 24/7, but having quality time together is important. I also think it’s really cool when we can do things we both enjoy, like if she wanted to go for a run or to a football game with me that would be awesome.

Rebecca is a senior at the School of Journalism and Communication at the University of Oregon. She is currently studying photography and magazine journalism. Hailing from the mountain town of Bend, Oregon, Rebecca values being outdoors, staying active, and the beauty in simple things. She loves seeing what other people are exploring in their fashion and finding new trends. Rebecca is a lover of all things creative, spontaneous, stylish, and interesting.