element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Practical Christmas Gifts to Ask For:

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

The older I get the harder it is for me to think of things I want for Christmas. I am at the point in my life where I should be asking for practical gifts that I can take with me and use outside of college. The only issue is I usually cannot think of anything practical that I would want. So I have done some research and put together a list of practical gifts the college aged girl.

Crockpot: My best friend asked her mom for this one year and I thought she was crazy. Now I realize, in two years I’ll be working a full time job and some nights I won’t want to come home and make dinner. A Crockpot does that for you and it’s hot and waiting for you when you get home.

A Professional Bag: Apparently people don’t wear backpacks in the “real world”. If you invest in a professional bag that holds a laptop you can bring it interviewing with you too!

Gift Cards: Not all of us have parents that can perfectly predict what we want for Christmas. Asking for gift cards to specific stores like Target or Sephora could really help you out later when you have no money but really need more shampoo.

Tool Kit: You laugh now but just wait until you need this one. My roommate bought one at Target for $30 that has everything you will ever need. It came in really handy when I had to build a bed and it came with no tools.

A Work Appropriate Jacket: I hate to say it but you can’t show up to work or an interview in a puffy coat or that sweatshirt you’ve been wearing for five days straight. Get a warm, professional looking jacket and wear that instead.

Planner: If you don’t use one, I promise these will change your life. I get a new one every single year and I have an exact layout I like to use. If I don’t write something down in my planner, it isn’t going to happen.

Reusable Water Bottle: Swell, HydroFlask, and Klean Kanteen make great water bottles. They’ve become a way for people to express themselves. Colors, lids, stickers, and size are customizable. Bonus: you’re being environmentally friendly!

Clothes: By clothes I mean clothing you actually need. I’m not talking about those really cool pair of velvet booties that you’ll wear one time. I’m talking about needing business clothes, or a pair of black jeans, or a bra that fits.

I am a junior at the University of Oregon. Majoring in Public Relations. Let me pet your dog.
The official Her Campus Oregon account