An Open Letter: To the Friends that have always Supported Me

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Dear Friend,

First and foremost, I just want to say thank you. Thank you so much for always being there for me since the day we met. You’ve stood by me and have supported me in everything I’ve done. You were there to listen during the hard times and through the struggles, but you also listened to my dreams and aspirations while I listened to yours too. When the world seems enclosed and I feel alone even when I’m surrounded by a crowd of people, you always had my back. Just hearing the sound of your voice, telling me that everything is going to be okay lifts all of my worries and fears in a heartbeat. You are the one person I know I can always count on, the one that continuously pushed me towards my dreams even when we are hundreds of miles apart. You’re always a phone call or a text away, ready to be there through the good times and the bad. You are one of the most selfless people who inspire me in more ways than you realize. Even if we go without talking for weeks or even months, whenever we see each other, it feels like it was just yesterday and we simply pick up where we left off. Nothing has changed, and for this and your continuously loving friendship, I am forever grateful. To me, a good friend will always be there for you, make time for you when you need a shoulder to cry on, know how to make you laugh even on a cloudy day, and never judge you by bringing out the best in you. All of these qualities of a friend resembles exactly who you are. Words cannot express how blessed I am to have such a light like you in my life. Just being in your presence means the world to me. Our friendship continues to grow stronger as time goes on and I am excited to see where the future will take us. 

I’ve learned to surround myself with people who support and care about me, people who will bring out the best in me and make me strive to become the best possible version of myself. Thank you to the friends that exemplify those qualities and more. I can’t thank you enough for all of the memories we’ve shared and how many more we have to come. You’ve truly made an impact on my life and have influenced me to be the person that I am today. And for all of this and more, thank you. 

XOXO,

Your friend

Hi! I'm Savannah Mendoza, a senior studying photojournalism at University of Oregon. Photography has always been one of my passions and I also love hiking, smoothie bowls, cats and going to the beach. I'm excited to continue to grow and learn about photography and writing through the opportunity of Her Campus.