Oddisee Stops in Eugene for a Bumping Night of Good Company

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

With a balance of pensive engagement and buoyant energy on stage, Oddisee, who visited Eugene’s WOW hall May 9, performed a perfect set for those in need of some mid-term catharsis.

Thanks to his seasoned position in the music world as a producer and performer, Oddisee’s artistry exuded maturity as well as a chill intimacy that brought the audience closer to him with every song change. Since his latest album, “The Iceberg”, released Feb. 24 of this year, is rap, funk, and R&B based, his concert attracted a slew of bouncing hip-hop fans. Everyone was dancing; some to the relaxed beats and others to the rap rage Oddisee flawlessly delivered. With a setlist consisting of newer tracks like “This Girl I Know” and “Like Really”, which attack his personal issues with relationships, mental health and being black in America, Oddisee’s performance was nothing short of poignant.  

Equally powerful in its own right was “Good Company” featuring Olivier St.Louis, Oddisee’s opener and bandmates. Centering more on funk and rock influences, they radiated the hall with an unprecedented groove. St.Louis’ powerhouse performance loosened up the audience with each guitar riff and facial expression. With his warm energy and cool, deep voice, St.Louis set the mood for Oddisee all while being a headliner in his own right.

The official Her Campus Oregon account