No Effort Morning Outfits

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

When I roll out of bed in the morning and take a bleary, uncaffeinated look at my closet, it seems like the only things I can wrap my head around wearing are sweats, Uggs, and my trusty warm black jacket. They satisfy all of my early morning outfit criteria: cute, comfortable, and warm.

However, as easy as it is to fall back on wearing some variation of that same outfit every morning, chic collegiettes™ should not make a habit of looking less than our best for class. If you have amazing clothes, why not wear them? Show off that wardrobe!

Planning your outfit ahead of time can make it  easier to look cute in the morning, as you can just pull on clothes instead of groggily staring at your closet. All of that time can be spent doing other productive things…like sleeping in.

Note that all of these outfit ideas require you to put on jeans – no sweats allowed! Don’t worry, jeans are just as easy to put on in the morning, while still fitting the criteria of being cozy and convenient.

The first outfit is very easy to put together. Start with a tank top (you can wear the one you sleep in for extra easy points), put a cardigan over it, and then slip on your most comfortable jeans. If you’re running late or you’re just too lazy to brush out your bedhead, forget your excuses about fitting in with the Eugene hippies, and just put on a beanie. To complete the look, add accessories and a scarf, which take just a second to put on. The best part of all? This outfit looks adorable with your Uggs. Score!

This is perfect for those chilly mornings when you wish you could take your bed with you to class. You don’t even have to take the sweatshirt you slept in off—just put on jeans and your North Face, and you’re good to go. Again, color and accessories make this outfit interesting, so wear a cute crocheted headband and gloves to keep yourself prepared for the cold, and finally a purse to pull it all together.

This outfit will look like you spent a lot longer on it than you did. It’s chic but still easy and simple to put together! Grab an extra-soft sweater, jeans, and your trusty Uggs. Then, as you’ve probably figured out by now, accessorize! Slide your frazzled bangs back with a decorative headband, and add vintage-inspired earrings and necklace, even a bracelet if you’re up to it. Top off your outfit with a smart jacket, and voila – you’ll be the best-dressed collegiette™ in not just your 8 a.m. class, but also the whole campus!

A University of Oregon junior and San Francisco native, Charmaine Ng loves authentic noodle dishes and will always opt for Asian and Italian cuisine when pressed to choose a restaurant. She is a self-proclaimed "noodler," someone who uses her noodle to collaborate with others and bring big ideas to life. She interns for a student-run full-service ad agency, blogs for a wedding and event planning company, and runs the UO Muggle Quidditch League. In her spare time, she sleeps, and sleeps, and sleeps - and dabbles in social media and blogging, her two biggest passions. Her quirkiness isn't apparent at first, but then she starts talking about packaging design and making funny faces, and you wonder what happened to that shy Asian girl you first met. With ambition bursting beyond the campus walls, Charmaine can't wait to graduate and work for an agency, company, or publication in community outreach efforts using social media.