This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

NCIS is The Next Show You Should Binge

I know Netflix is a daily part of most our lives, it has endless options and the carefully curated list of suggestions keeps getting better each month. Well, like many of you I am a huge fan of murder mystery shows. The classics like CSI are great, but for some reason I have never felt this kind of emotional attachment to a show of this nature before. This show has everything, the mystery, suspense, humor, romance, drama, life lessons in each episode, and most importantly the show makes you feel like family. The show is based around the U.S. Navy and the team of investigators who take on every murder case including a U.S. marine. The team consists of three lead investigators, two medical examiners, and their team leaders. Each of the characters is very distinct which allows you to fall in love with each one in different ways. NCIS is one of the longest running television shows today, it is currently in its 16th season and it was renewed for a 17th season next year. And good news for all of us who can watch a full season in a week, there are 15 seasons of NCIS on Netflix right now! I am currently in the thick of season 10 and I will not disclose how quickly I got this far (whoops) but it has been worth it. Here are some reasons why you should start watching too!

Leroy Jethro Gibbs

Gibbs teaches you to make a set of rules you want to follow and live by.

Anthony DiNozzo

Tony teaches you to find the humor in everything no matter how dull the situation.

Caitlin Todd

Kate shows us that following what everyone else does will get you nowhere in life.

Timothy McGee

Mcgee shows us to embrace our unique qualities and teaches us that no one can be the “new guy” forever!

Ziva David

Ziva shows us that embracing our differences makes us more valuable, and that family can be created through those who are not related by blood.

Donald Mallard

Ducky teaches us to follow what we enjoy and you will never work a day in your life!

Hi there! I'm glad you made it to my page! My name is Gillian George, and I am a junior/incoming senior at the University of Oregon. I am currently getting into the Advertising program of the Journalism Major and have a minor of business. Writing and photography are my two biggest passions in life, I have been taking portriats for  a few years now and I am trying to create a small business out of it! I love talking to people and helping people with any sort of situation. I grew up surrounded by my family who all work in the medical field, and I enjoy educating people on womens health so if you have any questions feel free to ask away! I also love food, traveling, and a good mystery television show or movie!
The official Her Campus Oregon account