This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

I have been listening to podcasts for a while now, but at the end of 2020, I just became done with music. Every song began to sound the same, and nothing was really standing out to me at the time. So I began to expand my podcast horizon. I would listen to probably at least 1 -3 podcasts a day when doing tasks, driving, going on walks, and so on. I have a group of podcasts that I rotate throughout the week, so I thought I would share my current favorite podcasts and what I like about each podcast. These are the ones that I listen to weekly and never skip an episode of. 

• The Lady Gang: Sometimes, I forget that I am only 21 and not 30 and thriving. This podcast features three ladies with all different careers within the media and entertainment industry who get together and talk about being a shit show and gossip. Sometimes that is what you need is just pure entertainment. I know that when listening to this podcast, I am going to be purely entertained. I would describe my personality as a Keltie with a mix of Jack. 

• The Skinny Confidential: I used to see influencers listening to this podcast all the time, but for the longest time, I did not get the hype, until 2020. This is one of those podcasts that I listen to learn something. They interview successful entrepreneurs from different departments, business, beauty, lifestyle, and wellness during the weeks. They ask how they got to this point in their career, and everyone that the interview is an expert in that field. I have learned so much about myself, wellness, and beauty. I remember listening to an episode about the importance of a probiotic, and after the episode, I called everyone I knew to ask if they are using a probiotic and why it is important. The hosts are a couple who are married with a kid, and I think sometimes having a male perspective is helpful. 

• Life with Mariana: This is a new podcast that I have become obsessed with. Mariana is an influencer and co-founder of the brand Summer Fridays. In episodes, she interviews people who work in the field that I want to work in and discusses everything about a career and what it takes. She also asks each of the people that she interviews to apply for a job for these companies, which I find so helpful. 

• Mood with Lauren Elizabeth: Now, I have heard that Lauren Elizabeth has been a well-known influencer for a while, but I never was really a fan. One very boring drive to California from Oregon, I had run out of podcasts to listen to and was in desperate need of something to listen to, so I decided to try one of her podcast episodes. Her podcast is all about mental health and wellness, which I had no idea when I first started listening to it. She interviews many wellness writers and mental health experts all about mental health. This is one of those podcasts that I feel like learning something every time I listen to it. 

• BFFS: Hot take. I like TikToker and would never say aloud, but I keep up with TikTok drama. Yes, my favorite TikToker is Josh Richards, and for some reason, I watch this podcast. It is a guilty pleasure that I hate to say it. I enjoy it. So thank you, Josh Richards and Dave from Barstools. I hate that I enjoy your podcast. 
Alyssa Arcos

Oregon '21

Hi! I am Alyssa, my friends call me lyss. I was born and raised in Southern California and go to Disneyland way too often. I am a junior at the University of Oregon majoring in public relations and advertising. I am really passionate about educating others on sexual assault and how to have healthy and consensual relationships. I love all things beauty, fashion, entertainment and travel. I am a VS PINK campus representative. I hope to one day make a difference and inspire young girls, I don't know how but I know I will. I love getting to express my thoughts and share my life experiences.