Misunderstood Fashion: Patterned Leggings

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

A recent trend that seems to be hitting our campus catwalk during these dreary days is patterned leggings. Whether they are acrylic zebra print, or wool and striped from Free People, it’s hard to walk into Starbucks without spotting a pair. They are comfy and casual, creating a perfect outfit for class, the library or just lounging.  They also are incredibly accessible at our campus with the American Apparel store directly across the street. 

The convenience of having such a trendy store located in the center of our campus plays a big role in how students at UO are inclined to dress so high fashion.  When it comes to patterned leggings,there are endless possibilities: American flag, camouflage, animal print, clouds, gold, floral or even velvet to name a few options.  In my opinion, they are best sported with a slouchy, oversized top and above all CONFIDENCE! Be comfortable and confident in your leggings and no one will question your patterns. Now the challenging part is picking which ones to purchase!

Sophomore journalism student at the University Of Oregon.
The official Her Campus Oregon account