Maintaining That Tan Throughout Eugene’s Gloomy Winter Months

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% our own.

The cold weather is officially here and rain has become consistent in Eugene. With less and less sun, your summer glow is probably beginning to fade.

Last year I consistently visited a local Eugene salon, Fringe, to get spray tans throughout the winter months. During their “happy hour” special, spray tans were as low as $12 a tan. This was one of my favorite Friday activity when I needed a little self-care. The tan and the price was something I could get behind and it became a fairly regular habit.

Unfortunately for me, Fringe closed this year. Naturally, I needed to now find an alternative way to get my glow on. I recently tried L’OREAL’s Sublime Bronze Tinted Self-Tanning Lotion. I used this product three times over the course of a week and noticed instant results.

My favorite thing about this lotion is that unlike other self-tanners, you don’t need to wash it off after a few hours. The tan gradually develops and you don’t need to remember to shower after a certain amount of time. The tan also appeared very natural looking on my skin.

Another reason I love this self-tanner is the cost. A bottle of L’OREAL’s Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning lotion costs just as much as one spray tan from Fringe. As a college student, saving money is something I strive to do. Amazon sells this product for half the cost of one spray tan at Fringe.

During these next few cold months, maintain your natural glow but at a college friendly cost.

My best three self-tanning tips for first time self-tanners:

1. Exfoliate and shave before you self-tan.
  2. Use a moisturizer to maintain yourself tan.
  3. Use a tanning glove for a smooth, even tan.