This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

As I’m sure you dedicated collegiettes know, yesterday marked our 12th straight win over the University of Washington football team. This rivalry has been taking place since 1900 and although we haven’t won every game in those 115 years, our claim to fame is really the last 12.

But what was the world like 12 years ago when the Huskies defeated us 42-10 on their home turf? I can barely remember the beginning of college, let alone elementary school! So I did some digging and here is what was going on the last time UW beat UO:

1. It was 2003.

2. Most of us collegiettes were just getting a strong hold in our new elementary school classes (I myself was a fourth grader).

3. Top movie premiers include Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Finding Nemo, Elf and Cheaper by the Dozen (Oh, how I miss those early ‘00s flicks).

4. Ruben Studdard won American Idol.

5. “Heeeeeyyyy Yaaaa!!” – The popular OutKast song “Hey Ya!” released.

6. Madonna kissed Britney Spears at the VMAs.

7. Angelina Jolie kissed… her brother…

8. Arnold Schwarzenegger was elected governor of California.

9. “That’s So Raven” premiered on Disney Channel (and gave children everywhere the hope that they might be psychic).

10. Apple launches iTunes music store, paving the way for the rose gold iPhone 6s currently on my Christmas wish list.

It was a good year indeed! But nothing comes close to the 2015 feeling of a 12-year victory.

Go Ducks!

University of Oregon student taking everything as inspiration.