This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Have you heard the news? The Jonas Brothers are back together! On February 28, 2019, all three Jonas brothers posted an announcement on their social media platform an image of the three of them together with the caption that read “Sucker at midnight.” Their Jonas brother account was active, with their following growing by the second. At midnight Eastern time the Jonas Brothers dropped their brand new song and music video. This has been the first we have seen them musically together as a group since they broke up in 2013.

When the band split in the year 2013 many fans were upset and heartbroken. The brothers said the meaning for their split is being that the individual brothers wanted to go in individual directions. Since the breakup, Joe Jonas was the lead singer of a band titled DNCE which had multiple top hits. He is also engaged to actress, Sophie Turner. Nick Jonas started a solo singing career with multiple hits, acted and starred in multiple films and got married to actress Priyanka Chopra. Kevin, on the other hand, spent time with family. He had a reality show with his wife called “Married to Jonas,” that aired for a few seasons, but he says that his main priority was being there for his kids and watching them grow. Fans thought this would be the end of the three brothers performing and making music together.

When the band announced their return, fans were stoked. All of social media and media outlets blew up. The first song released back as a band was titled “Sucker” written by Ryan Tedder. Their first day back as a band the brothers flew to New York for many radio appearances, followed by a concert at a private location. The tickets for these concerts were given on multiple radio stations. Following the release of the band announced that they would spend a week on the Late Late Show with James Corden.

During their time on James Corden, many questions that fans had were answered. Such as, what inspired the band to get back together? The band also performed little bits throughout the week, followed by a performance of their new song Sucker on the show. They also ended their stay with another private location concert in Los Angeles. They discussed on the show how what started this reunion was filming a documentary on their life, which will appear on Amazon. While filming this documentary the brothers discussed how they missed playing together and spent time reflecting on why the band broke up and what can be done for the future. They said that there is more music to come later in the future and that there are no rules, so the brothers are allowed to do what they want to do outside of the band. When it comes to playing as a band they are very excited to play and engage with fans once again.

I know personally, as I am a huge Jonas Brothers fan, I’m so excited to see what the future holds for them. Are you excited or happy about this Jonas Brothers reunion? What did you think about their new song “Sucker?”

Alyssa Arcos

Oregon '21

Hi! I am Alyssa, my friends call me lyss. I was born and raised in Southern California and go to Disneyland way too often. I am a junior at the University of Oregon majoring in public relations and advertising. I am really passionate about educating others on sexual assault and how to have healthy and consensual relationships. I love all things beauty, fashion, entertainment and travel. I am a VS PINK campus representative. I hope to one day make a difference and inspire young girls, I don't know how but I know I will. I love getting to express my thoughts and share my life experiences.
The official Her Campus Oregon account