The Instagram Account You’re Missing Out On

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Thousands of amazing accounts exist on Instagram—you can find everything from a fashionable photographer to an adventurous puppy just by clicking “explore” and scrolling through the suggested options for a minute or two. There’s no shortage of visual artists creating stunning images on this platform.

However, a different and new wave of artists is sweeping Instagram. These artists aren’t your typical Insta-famous photographers who constantly post pictures of models in beautiful city settings or landscapes. These artists are writers, people who are creating art with their carefully chosen words and emotions. Modern-day poets populate their feed with thought-provoking and beautiful selections from their work, providing a stark and refreshing contrast to the typical popular Instagram account.

Rupi Kaur, the author of the popular poetry book Milk and Honey, runs one of these charming accounts. On her feed, she gives followers a glimpse into her complex and beautiful mind by frequently posting short poems. While these images are nothing more than black text on a white background, their beauty is undeniable. Kaur’s pieces on feminism and love are thought-provoking and powerful in their simplicity.

She may not post outfits of the day or pictures of her Starbucks order, but isn’t there already enough of the same?

Do the artist in yourself a favor and follow Rupi Kaur for frequent images of her work.

The official Her Campus Oregon account