I tried SnackCrate…Here’s What I Thought

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

If there is anything my friends know about me, it’s that I love to shop online and I love to try out new monthly shopping subscriptions. From monthly underwear subscriptions to makeup, I have done it all, and my latest subscription is snacks. I found a company called SnackCrate that sends you monthly a package filled with snacks from a different country. This month I had the choice between Mexico, The Philippines, and Korea. I chose Korea, and I was not disappointed. Not only did the package get to my house only two days after signing up for the service, but there were so many snacks inside. The crates come in three different sizes: mini, original, and premium. I chose to get the original which comes with 10-12 snacks each month. At first, I didn’t think that 10-12 snacks would be that much. I was wrong. I downgraded my plan to the mini after this month because it came with so much food! SnackCrate gives you full-sized snacks like you just picked them up at the grocery store. I was delivered a wide variety of sweet and savory food, none of which I had heard of before SnackCrate. Getting brands and types of food that were foreign to me was something I really wanted and was excited about. I love trying food from different countries and SnackCrate lets me do that without having to leave my house!

Favorite Snacks: The Choco-Pie was amazing. I would love to buy these if I could, but it’s probably better that I can’t! Apparently, these are regularly smuggled into North Korea where they are so sought after they are almost as good as money.

Least Favorite Snack: The Gosomi, which is the yellow packaging! They were wheat crackers that were pretty bland, but I am still glad I had the opportunity to try something I wouldn’t have every day!

I am a junior at the University of Oregon. Majoring in Public Relations. Let me pet your dog.
The official Her Campus Oregon account