How To Make Your Senior Year More Memorable

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

With my senior year going by faster than I expected, I am trying to stay in the present and enjoy the time I have left of being in college. Some of the tips and fun activities I recommend doing before getting your diploma are listed below. 

1. Stay in the Present and Enjoy the Time You Have
    1. It can be hard to keep your mind off the quickly approaching job search but try to stay involved with where you are now. Go to some fun events going on around your campus and don’t miss out on anything you might regret. 
  2. Enjoy School Sport Games
    1. Try to go to some of your college team’s sports games. Go to some games with your friends and cheer on your college team before the season ends.  Basketball games are always really fun with friends!
  3. Travel the State
    1. Go enjoy some activities around the state you go to school in. I’m trying to make the most of my time in Oregon by visiting different cities with friends. Airbnb’s are super affordable when split between friends and taking a break for the weekend gets your mind off of things you are stressing about.
  4. Have Nights In 
    1. Spend more quality time with your friends by having some girls night in every once in a while. There are so many fun and unique card and board games to play with your friends and some even allow for you to find out new things about your friends. 
  5. Get Involved Around Campus
    1. It can be hard to want to be involved around campus during your senior year with the job search constantly in the back of your mind, but try and look for more activities and clubs to participate in during your last year. Not only can they be fun but some are great things to add to a resume. 
  6. Spend More Time On Campus
    1. Enjoy your campus and spend more time doing work on campus, getting lunch on campus, or even just chatting with friends. College campuses are beautiful especially during fall and winter and you should enjoy the time you have left around the scenery. 
  7. Take Advantage of Your Colleges Facilities
    1. Enjoy more time using the amenities around campus that you might not always want to use. Spend more time at the gym, in the library or at any other place your school has to offer. 
  8. Enjoy Your Friends
    1. Make sure to hang out with your friends whenever you get the chance to. You’ll definitely miss having them around when you move after graduation. 
Hello! My name is Shelby Wieczorek! I am a senior at the University of Oregon and part of the Her Campus team. I am also the CC for the Her Campus chapter at Oregon. I am from Las Vegas, NV and am a double major in Advertising and Dance. I have been dancing since I was three years old and am also on the University of Oregon's hip-hop club dance team, Jam Squad. In my free time, I like listening to music and shopping with friends. I love Romantic Comedy movies and petting dogs.
The official Her Campus Oregon account