Career

How I Manifested and Persisted one of my 2021 Goals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

We hear all the time about the power of putting something into the universe. I always think of it as a good idea, but I have never found signs of it being possible. Over the last week, I witnessed the power of manifestation and persistence that I wanted to share. Over this past year, I learned how to make videos and have been loving it. I love documenting shots, clipping together fun videos. It has been something that I have enjoyed during the quarantine. It has helped me appreciate the little moments because I have them documented. I also have started my second year as a VS PINK Campus Representative. One of my goals as a campus representative was to do more beyond just content and feedback from my school. As a second-year, I wanted to make the most as my final year in this program. One of my goals for my last year as a campus representative was to create a Youtube video. As someone who watches Youtube, I have always been fascinated by the idea of making a video that relates to people. I have never made a professional Youtube video, but it is something that I want to do. At the beginning of this year, I wrote down my goals for different areas of my life, one being a VS PINK campus representative. One of the things that I wrote down was to make a video for the VS PINK Youtube channel. Now just putting it into the universe was not enough, and I knew that. Starting in September of 2020I began almost every month pitching different youtube ideas. These ideas varied, from those aligned with various campaigns to just some about being a college student. I have probably sent over 15 different pitches, and I never heard anything back to follow through. I just kept pitching because I just wanted to show the different ideas that I had. This past month I pitched an idea for an upcoming Youtube video that aligns with an upcoming campaign. The day I got the news, I sat back and thought, wow, I made this happen. I feel as though sometimes, when we are going through the hustle of trying to achieve what we want, you feel as though we are on this endless cycle. Sometimes I question if this stuff works will lead to something. If you are someone that wants something, you can make it happen. Put it out into the universe and persist. Do not stop till you get what you want. Keep pitching those ideas, keep persisting in what you want to do because it will happen.

Alyssa Arcos

Oregon '21

Hi! I am Alyssa, my friends call me lyss. I was born and raised in Southern California and go to Disneyland way too often. I am a junior at the University of Oregon majoring in public relations and advertising. I am really passionate about educating others on sexual assault and how to have healthy and consensual relationships. I love all things beauty, fashion, entertainment and travel. I am a VS PINK campus representative. I hope to one day make a difference and inspire young girls, I don't know how but I know I will. I love getting to express my thoughts and share my life experiences.