etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How To be Single And Own It

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

So many girls in college these days say how badly they want a boyfriend or how much they wish they weren’t single. But instead, every single college girl should own that independence and be proud of who they are. It is time to show men what they are missing and be that girl who does not need to rely on someone to be happy. When one is on their own, there is so much self-growth that takes place. You learn how to simply be happy and content with yourself. Also, it feels amazing not to have to worry constantly about another person and what they are doing. And you don’t have to be letting that person know every second about where you are or what you are doing. You get to solely think about yourself. 

During this time every girl is able to hangout with friends so much more than if they were in a relationship. You can go out and party with them, go on double dates with them, have sleep overs all the time, and tell all about your crazy stories that happened at the bars. Having that time to better your relationship with good friends is so crucial and worth it. You are able to meet so many more people and make so many more guy friends. 

Let us also take into account that this is college and we have our whole life to be with somebody. We have these four years to find ourselves and to have the time of a lifetime because after that we will be committed to someone for the rest of our lives. So, be single and own it.

Kara Fagan is currently a sophomore at the University of Oregon, where she is studying the field of journalism. Even though she is greatly driven to do well in academics, she also enjoys many other activities that college life has to offer. You can find her going out to eat at Qdoba with friends, curled up in sweats watching Netflix, or even joining events that her sorority, Alpha Phi, sets up. If you want to find out more about Kara, follow her on Instagram (@fagan_kara)!
The official Her Campus Oregon account