This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Name: Savannah Nucci

Year: Sophomore

Major: Journalism

Celeb Crush: Leonardo Dicaprio

Meet this week’s Campus Profile, Savannah Nucci. Savannah is from Studio City, California. In her free time she likes to go to the movies, hike, and spend time with her friends.

HCO: How is winter term treating you so far?

SN: Winter term is okay. It’s a little rough because the weather is so gloomy, but all in all I can’t complain too much.

HCO: What are you involved with on campus?

SN: I’m in Chi Omega, one of the sororities on campus. I also did relay for life last year.

HCO: What has been the best part of your experience at UO up until now?

SN: The best part of being at UO for me is just being in a new place with a new vibe. Oregon is so different from California and it’s really cool to experience a different kind of atmosphere and culture.

HCO: If you could tell yourself one piece of advice before entering college as a freshman, what would it be?

SN: I would say go to class because you think it’s fine to skip since they don’t take attendance like they do in high school and you don’t get penalized for it if you do, but it really hurts your grades in the long run.

HCO: What is your dream place to live?

SN: My dream place to live would be in New York. I love the city and I love how busy it is, so I definitely want to spend some of my twenties there.

HCO: Who is your role model?

SN: My role model is my mom. She’s been through a lot in her life and she’s still the smartest and most put together person I know so I hope I can be like that one day.

HCO: Describe your experience in Chi Omega

SN: Chi Omega has been an amazing experience so far. I have met my best friends and have been able to get involved in all kinds of community service, which is something I didn’t know I liked until now. I have met so many people through being involved in Chi Omega and I know my UO experience wouldn’t have been the same if I didn’t join this sorority. 

My name is Chandler Baker, a senior at the University of Oregon. I am a public relations major and expect to graduate in June 2018 with a Bachelor of Arts from the School of Journalism and Communication. I am addicted to caffeine, concerts, and the outdoors.
The official Her Campus Oregon account