Her Campus Oregon: Oscars Watch Party And Why You Should Go

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

This year the Her Campus PR and Editorial team are working together to put on an Oscars watch party event on campus! The event will take place on February 28th from 4-9pm.  It will be held in the LLC South Performance Hall with lots of cool raffles and activities to do. Not only is this an Oregon campus exclusive event, but its also a fun and enjoyable way to kick back with your friends and watch the Oscars in good company without having to host a party of your own. What’s the catch, you ask? Nothing! Here’s why the event will be worthwhile.

FREE FOOD: This alone, might be the only reason why I attend most on-campus events. However, the opportunities for free food and drink plus a huge screen to watch one of the best events of the year? Count me in.

PRIZES: Along with free food and a photo booth, there will also be a movie night basket as well as a fashion/beauty basket up for raffle at the event. We will also have a ballot box at the entrance where you can predict the winners of each award, how fun!

GILT AND GOSSAMER SHOPPING: The local Eugene clothing and accessory story, Gilt and Gossamer, will be having a pop-up shop selling a variety of different items for the right price at the event. They have everything from beanies, tanks tops, and accessories.

DONATION BOX: Who doesn’t like to help the local community? There will be a Good Will Donation box located at the event for people to bring old stuff and donate them rather than throwing them away. Good Will has partnered with many organizations on campus and helps millions of people each year from the donations they receive. Even if you don’t like the Oscars, drop by and bring some old clothes you wanted to get rid of anyway.

The Oscars watch party event is not only a great opportunity to relax and spend some time with friends, but it’s also a great opportunity to connect with new people on campus in a friendly and safe environment. As winter term is hitting it’s hardest part of the 10-week term, stress is all over. Treat yourself to a nice night away from the books and connect with other people who are going through the same day-to-day struggles that you might be. You know you are going to watch the Oscars regardless, so switch out that laptop computer screen for one even better than your television at home.

Her Campus is an organization here to promote the community and the well being of the individuals in that community. Help us give back to the University of Oregon and everything that it has given us during our time here and come and enjoy the fun.

My name is Chandler Baker, a senior at the University of Oregon. I am a public relations major and expect to graduate in June 2018 with a Bachelor of Arts from the School of Journalism and Communication. I am addicted to caffeine, concerts, and the outdoors.
The official Her Campus Oregon account