jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Life gets crazy and sometimes, without realizing it, we end up going through the motions of everyday waiting for that night, the next vacation or even the next year. The truth is things will never slow down or align perfectly so you have to take control. Here are some habits of happy people that might inspire you!

1. Staying busy but not stressed– There’s a fine line between busy and stressed, and you need to find that line. Choose to do everything you want to do and let yourself be excited. Don’t overfill your plate though with things that don’t benefit you or make you happy. 

2. Have quality relationships and don’t worry about quantity- The people you choose to surround yourself with are important because they’re one of the biggest influences on your own mental health. Choose people who help you to grow and vice-verse. 

3. Exercise- I know, I know, it’s the broken record playing the same song repeatedly about how important physical health is to mental health, but it’s true. Take care of your body and watch how it affects your mind!

4. Spend less money of material objects- There’s always going to be something else that you want whether it’s a piece of clothing, an accessory or an electronic, but the sooner you stop wanting the sooner you’ll be happy. Spend more money on experiences, and less on the temporary things. 

5. Don’t put your happiness in anyone else’s hands- Your happiness is exactly that, yours. Don’t say you’ll be happy if x, y or z happens, and, instead, tell yourself you’re happy with who you are and how you’re doing. Your happiness should purely depend on factors within yourself that you can change and/or accept. 

The official Her Campus Oregon account