A Guide to Finding Your Best Spring Break Bathing Suit: 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Flight booked? Check.        Decided on a hotel? Check.        Spray tan? Check.        New sunglasses? Check.

With spring break quickly approaching and Winter Term coming to an end, we’re all daydreaming about the gleaming sun on our skin and warm sand between our toes. Your trip is booked, your girlfriends have planned your daily schedule, and your pre-beach spray tan appointment is booked (I mean, you can’t show up to the beaches of Mexico with the blinding pale skin you’ve acquired during this past term in gloomy Eugene, Oregon. Right?) But the last item to be checked off of your list is finding the best bathing suit – a suit that shows off your body and makes you feel confident.

Below is a guide to the best swimsuits of 2015 based on your body type. Hope it helps!

Athletic

With a straighter figure, opt for swimsuits that enhances your strong features. Your body speaks for itself so choose a swimsuit that makes its own statement whether that means a bold color, has unique attributes, or makes you so, so very tan. We love this bikini from Forever 21 ($23.70). It’s bold sky blue color and wrap-style will look great against your fit body. Or try this bandeau-style suit from Triangl Swimwear ($89). Its body hugging features and neoprene fabric will flatter the muscles you’ve worked for. If you prefer a more traditional string bikini, try this white crochet Roxy swimsuit ($40). The white will look great against your tan.

Busty

For a woman with a larger bust, you’ll need a strong top paired with bottoms that will balance out your lower body. We’re crazy about this coral swimsuit from Forever 21 ($30.80). With good support for your bust and double stringed sides on your bottom piece (draws attention to the hips and upper glutes), this suit is sure to be showstopper. Another great option is this suit from Triangl Swimwear ($89). The combination of its bra-like top and bold coloring will sure be one of your favorites this year. But hey, if you’ve got it, flaunt it! So this push-up swim suit from Nordstrom ($66) with a bold pattern is sure to turn heads.

Curvy

Feeling confident and comfortable in your own skin is crucial to fully enjoying your spring break. We understand that shopping for a plus-sized body can be difficult. But this bikini from Nordstrom ($66) is sure to have you owning those mid-afternoon college beach parties. Its strong pattern, bold colors, and robust design are perfect for your curvy figure. Or try this statement suit by Good Karma Swimwear ($57). Its fun summer color and body hugging fabric will flatter your body perfectly. This two-piece from Forever 21 ($24.80) is also a good option. The high waist accentuates your curves, enhancing your hourglass shape.

Pear

If you fall in this category, you’ve basically been blessed with a big butt (Hey there, Kim Kardashian). Here are some great suits to balance out your body and/or enhance your backside. This high waist American Eagle bikini ($44.92) creates a longer lower half of your body, dimishing the size of your tush. Forever 21 ($30.80) has designed a similar textured suit. We love this ocean blue color and unique bust piece. Plus, there’s a high waist bottom suit (we already talked about the plus of this!) If you’d like to stick with a traditional string bikini, opt for this Victoria’s Secret suit ($39). It’s thick waist band will enhance your tush while still giving you balance, support, and the traditional swim suit feel.

We know swimsuit shopping can be stressful but don’t worry! Hopefully this guide has led you to your perfect suit for your spring break getaway. Have a great time! Cheers.

Full-time student at the University of Oregon expected to graduate from the School of Journalism and Communications in 2016. Majoring in Public Relations. I currently serve as the Chapter President of the UO Public Relations Student Society of America for the 2015-2016 school year and am a writer/photographer for Her Campus Oregon. Passionate for fashion, event production, and photography. Experienced in leadership, team management, and organization.
The official Her Campus Oregon account