Four Inspirational Quotes for a Successful Spring Term

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

A new term always holds the sweet promise of improvement. New classes, routines, and school supplies magically make you feel as if a slightly-tweaked, in-shape, less-stressed, and improved you is right around the corner. That’s the power of beginnings. All of the bad habits from the last term are forgotten—just like the majority of assignments you also forgot to do last term.

However, most of us fall short of our grand expectations for new beginnings. Almost as soon as the professor from your 9 a.m. hands you a syllabus on the first day of spring term, you forget all the brand-new goals you just spent 20 minutes incorporating into your planner. The temptation to fall back into the same pattern returns and you are left with a choice: settle for the old you or push yourself to become the person your planner promises that you can be.

Here at Her Campus Oregon, we encourage the women who desire strength, boldness, and improvement in every area of their lives. These are the women who run the world. But, we also know just how difficult it is to navigate yourself in the hurricane of a new term. Here are four inspirational quotes from four powerful women to help you accomplish every single goal you set during spring term.

1. “Sometimes you just have to put on lip gloss and pretend to be psyched.” -Mindy Kaling

2. “Don’t waste your energy trying to change opinions. Do your thing, and don’t care if they like it.” -Tina Fey

3. “Great people do things before they’re ready. They do things before they know they can do it.” -Amy Poehler

4. “Find out who you are and be that person. That’s what your soul was put on this earth to be. Find that truth, live that truth and everything else will come.” -Ellen DeGeneres

Now get out there, use your planner, and chase those dreams. Do it for Tina and Amy. 

The official Her Campus Oregon account