Dressing Up the New Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Not sure what to wear to ring in the New Year? No problem, check out this article to get the latest fashion tips on finding the perfect twenty fourteen New Years outfit! When searching for your outfit to wear to kick off the New Year, keep these three tips in mind.

1. Don’t empty your bank account for an outfit you’ll honestly only wear one time!

Check out Tobi.com for several reasonably priced stylish dresses. And to top it off, Tobi gives customers 50% off their first purchase!

Wearing this bright red “Candee Bodycon Dress” to a New Year’s Eve get-together will surely grab everyone’s attention. Purchase this dress from Tobi for $56.00.

This Tobi “Vina Dress” for $88.00 will sparkle up your night. If you’re looking for something flashy to wear to ring in the New Year this sequin dress is a fabulous pick! 

2. When out shopping, remember to find something that fits you. You don’t have to wear the flashiest sequin outfit to make a statement. A simple black dress with a cute pair of heels can easily get as much attention as the flashiest outfit.

If you’re looking for a black dress check out H&M for great deals!

This Black “Strapless Dress” is only $34.95 and the velvety texture makes it a great fashionable pick for your New Year’s Eve festivities.

This H&M black “Lace Dress” is a steal for $24.95! Lace is always a classy choice and adds a nice touch to any look. 

3. Accessories are always a good idea. After all, it is New Years, so don’t forget to add a cute bracelet or dangly earrings to spice up your outfit.

If you’re looking to splurge, purchase this Kate Spade gorgeous “Shaken and Stirred Triple Strand Necklace” for $248.00. 

This J. Crew “Golden Open Bangle” for $45.00 looks great with any outfit!

I am currently a senior at the University of Oregon, majoring in public relations and minoring in communication studies. I love writing, journaling, and using social media; my favorite types of social media are Pinterest and Twitter. In my spare time you can find me enjoying the outdoors, socializing with my sorority sisters, or at an Oregon football game.