absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Dorm Friendly Microwavable Meals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Sometimes when you get hungry when the dining halls are closed. The number of times this has happened to me is too damn high. I, like many college students, find myself hungry at weird times of the night and want something more than a cold pop tart or string cheese.

Here is a list of meals you can cook in your very own microwave in the comfort of your dorm!

The Microwaved Baked Potato

I feel like potatoes are not only filling, but super cheap. You can pick some up at the grocery store  along with all the fixin’s your heart desires.

Chili Cheese Dip

If you have guest over and want to be fancy, you can dazzle your guests with a fun dip that says, “Hey, come in and stay a while.”

Chocolate Mug Cake

This is it. This is all you need to learn from college. How to make a cake for one in your microwave. You literally never have to leave the house or talk to anyone ever again. You’re welcome.

Pumpkin Oatmeal        

Jazz up your morning bowl with some yummy oatmeal. This is particularly good in the fall, but sometimes on cloudy days in the spring I like to pretend its fall.

Mac and Cheese

Mac and cheese is kind of already sold in little cups you can microwave yourself, but if you’re feeling adventurous and want to go and cook, give this one a go.

Hi I'm Hannah! I'm currrently a sophmore majoring in journalism and political science at the University of Oregon. I am a coffee addict and love to watch classic movies with my dog. I am a part of the U of O mock trial team and am a huge follower of politics. I love to write and am a total book worm!
The official Her Campus Oregon account