DIY: Chalk Paint a Martini Glass

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Do you ever find it hard distinguishing whose drink is whose? Sure those little drink charms help, but after a few drinks it’s hard to remember what exactly your charm looked like. Whether you are trying to find the perfect 21st birthday gift, having a girls night in, or even throwing a holiday party, these chalk painted martini glasses are the perfect addition. They are a fun, inexpensive, and original idea that can spice up any party! 

Materials:

·      Chalk Paint (either spray or canned paint)

·      Chalk

·      Roll of tape

·      Newspaper or an old magazine

·      Drinking glass with a stem (use something you already have or head to your local thrift store for cheap glassware)

Steps:

1.     Clean your glassware.

2.     Wrap tape around the bottom portion of the glass stem to create the distinguishing line of where you want your chalk paint to end. Try to make this line as straight as possible for a clean finish.

3.     Wrap newspaper around the portion of the glass that you do not want painted. Use tape if necessary.

4.     Spray paint or dip the bottom of your glass into the paint can. If you are using spray and not canned paint, make sure you shake the can well before applying. Apply two to three coats.

5.     Set aside the glassware for 3 hours.

6.     Remove the protective wrapping.

7.     Wait 24 hours until writing on glassware.  

8.      Drink up! 

Check out more tips from Kristina on her sweet blog.