Colors For Your Fall Mani

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Halloween may have passed and Starbucks may have started their red cups, but Fall isn’t over yet! A great way to share your love of Fall besides oversized sweaters is nail polish! Here are some colors that would look great with that sweater:

Navy

You want to grab a dark and sophisticated color, but black might be too strong for you. Well, navy is in! A navy with a crème finish can be a great accent with your circle scarf and pewter rings. Check out Sailor by Zoya, After School Boy Blazer by Essie (above), or Incognito in Sausalito by OPI.

Darker Nude

A nude color is always a great foundation for your collection, but going a shade or two darker than your skin tone can turn your style level up a notch. The best kind of style is when it looks like you’re not really trying. Depending on your skin tone, try Flynn by Zoya, A-Piers to be Tan by OPI (above), or Louise by Zoya.

Oxblood

So you didn’t grow out of Halloween yet or maybe you’ve watched one True Blood episode too many. Well there’s no need to bite anyone on the neck because this color will satisfy all your vampy needs. You’ll vant to vear this color! Perhaps Prey Tell by China Glaze (above), Bordeaux by Essie, or Haze of Love by Wet n’ Wild will be the type (get it?) for you.

Burnt Orange/Topaz

Scorpio or not, this color is quintessential for this time of the year.  With this and a latte, you’ll feel like pumpkin spice inside and out. You’ll love Alligator purse by Essie, Desert Sun by China Glaze, and Penny by Zoya (above).

Metallic Black

Want to foray into a black polish, but don’t want to look like a 14 year old mall goth? Adding a metallic or glitter finish to your black can give it some great dimension. Try Storm by Zoya, Hit Me With Your Best Shot by Deborah Lippmann (above), or Stone Cold by China Glaze.

Gold

This vibrant and versatile color will make you feel like Fall and help you transition into the holiday season. I assure you that gold polish is a guaranteed eye catcher. There’s Ziv by Zoya (above and one of my personal favorites), Goldeneye by OPI, and Golden Nuggets by Essie (great for layering over the other fall colors!)

Image Sources: Colores de Carol, Vampy Varnish, Of Life and Lacquer, Melacine, & Gliding Lily Nails

Fly gal with her nails done.