Cheap Fall Fashions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Spicing up your wardrobe from summer to fall can be a bit of a challenge. You can no longer throw on a cute tank top, denim shorts, and sandals. Dressing for fall takes a bit more thought, and adding a few of these key pieces to your wardrobe will help you look cute in no time at all!

The Scarf
Adding a cute scarf to a any jacket or sweater can really take you from plain to fashionable. Whether you want to add color, patterns, or sparkle, you can find a scarf to meet your needs. And the great thing is that you can find scarves for relatively cheap in any store near you.

Knee High Boots
Knee high boots go great with jeans, leggings, skirts, and dresses. They can take any outfit from looking like its for summer to looking like you’re ready for the leaves to change! Adding a pair of boots to your outfits for school or for going out is a sure fire way to get yourself ready for fall.

The Long Sweater
Throwing a long sweater on over some leggings or jeans is a great way to look comfy and cute. It takes just a long for you to put on your old high school sweatshirt and yoga pants as it does to put on an oversized sweater and some leggings, and you’re bound to look 10 times cuter!

Knit Head Band
We all have bad hair days (me more than I’d like to mention). Instead of rolling our hair into a bun on the top of our head, sliding on a knit headband keeps your hair away from your face and looks like you put way more effort into it than you did. Plus, it’ll keep you ears warm  walking between classes when the wind starts blowing.

An Over Jacket
Having a cute jacket to throw on over any t-shirt is a quick way to look cute when you’re in a hurry between classes. It’ll keep you warm as well as look cute with those new knee high boots!

Just adding a few new pieces from your wardrobe will take you from summer sun to fall fun in seconds! So grab your best friend, head to the mall, and make your closet fall ready!

Maggie is a senior at the University of Oregon pursuing a degree in Public Relations and Communications through the School of Journalism. She enjoys hanging out with her friends, laying by the pool or on the beach, and traveling. Her favorite city in the world is Paris and she hopes to go back after graduation. Follow her on twitter at @mahilty