This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Kristin Coffman is this week’s campus snapshot and she’s killin’ the game of fashion in all the best ways. She’s mastered a flawless approach towards executing her bold, rebellious style with elegance and grace. 

HCO: How would you describe your style?

KC: I mostly live in neutrals: greys, blacks, maroons. But prominently in black. I’m really into music and the alternative rock / punk rock / punk pop scene, so that’s where I draw alot of my inspiration from. My style has evolved throughout the years, but my neutral color schemes and serious collection of boots (I love boots!) make me feel good. That’s what you’re supposed to do, right? To show people what you’re made of. 

HCO: How does your style describe who you are? 

KC: There’s a quote that goes something like, “Black is poetic. How do you imagine a poet? In a bright yellow jacket? Probably not.” I feel as though my style represents that and a lot of the most prominent qualities about myself. I love creating, writing, exploring. I’d hope when people see me and my style that they might see that.

HCO: What kinds of risks do you take in regards to your style?

KC: I enjoy minimalist styles with twists. I like styles that remind me of art. I’m not afraid to dabble in sorcerer-like trends and embrace something I like to call “progressive goth.” My style reflects the introvert-extrovert I am in that it’s bold and unique in its simplicity. 

HCO: What fashion icons do you most admire?

KC: Lynn Gunn, Joan Jett and Lights are some of my main style models.  

Hat: Brixton

T-shirt and button up: H&M

Pants: H&M

Boots: ZARA

Necklace & charms: The bullet stone is from The Darling Boutique in Hood River, OR. The silver barber razor charm is a Dylan Rieder signature piece from his analog line, Skateboarder.

Photographs by Libby Bartley 

cincinnati raised -- go redlegs. spending this chapter of my life exploring the pacific northwest. inspired by laughter, adventure, unfamiliar things & spontaneity.university of oregon, class of 2016. journalism major always searching for new experiences. finding the unseen magic of the world through a camera lens.to see more of my work, visit my personal blog: https://libbybartley.wordpress.com/
The official Her Campus Oregon account