This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Name: Danielle Gilbert

Hometown: Westlake Village, CA

Year: Junior

Major: Psychology

Celeb crush: Miles Teller and Chris Martin (couldn’t choose)

How would you describe your style?

My style is definitely eclectic and can really vary depending on the day, but you can always catch me wearing the color black. I go for the grunge look once in awhile, I obsessed with 90’s style. I love to be really dressed up or just go for a laid back look, it is interchangeable with my mood!

What is your go to winter outfit?

Black jeans, black boots, short sleeved shirts with my leather jacket. However, when living in Eugene, I have to substitute my jacket with my raincoat!

Do you have any essential pieces in your closet that you can’t live without?

I love my leather jacket. I wear it with basically anything! I have two different versions of them, one is from top shop and the other is from Brandy Melville. The one from Brandy is a lot more casual which is perfect for just everyday outfits!

You have some beautiful pieces that make your style stand out, where do you find yourself shopping the most?

Urban Outfitters is my favorite place to shop. I can always depend on that store to find something I love. I also have some of my favorite items, like my jean jacket, that I got at a thrift shop! It is normally a hit or miss when shopping at thrift stores, but it’s the best when you find gems that are so reasonably priced. 

Are there any must have brands that you love?

Most brands that I love I sadly can’t afford as a college student (I think Balmain is amazing) so I don’t necessarily stick to a certain brand! Anything that catches my eye I will wear!

What or who inspires your style?

Bella Hadid and Kendall Jenner are my biggest style inspirations. I wish I could shop through their closets!

How is your style reflective of who you are?

It’s interesting because a lot of the time my style can be very dark, but I see myself as a very lighthearted person. 

Have you seen your style evolve or change at all? How so?

My style has definitely evolved over the years. Especially since living in Oregon, my tastes in clothing items has changed. Not living in California is a real game changer! Going out, jeans and boots are my go to’s now, had to say goodbye to my everyday shorts and converse phase that I used to be so fond of.

Are there any trends that you are into right now or absolutely despise?

I am SO happy that adidas are back in style. They are so comfortable I am obsessed with my pair.

Do you have any style advice you’d like to share?

Honestly, everyone you meet is so different that my best advice is to just wear whatever you feel comfortable in and what makes you feel your most confident. Never worry too much about other’s opinions are on your clothing and dress to make yourself happy.

The official Her Campus Oregon account