Campus Profile: Taylor Dalton

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Name: Taylor Dalton

Year: Junior

Major: Public Relations

Hometown: Eugene, Oregon

Where’s your favorite Eugene hangout spot?

Whether I’m by myself or with friends, I’m all about a nice little trip to the downtown Barnlight. I can get a drink or coffee. Also, I’m all about playing pool at Level Up. It’s a banger.

If you were to design a music festival, who would headline and where would it be?

I’d have a music festival called Burnout Festival, and it would feature nostalgic artists. I’d take anyone of any genre from Stevie Nicks to Lil Jon. Justin Timberlake, too. Basically, anyone that has gone under the radar since their time. I’d chose Portland as the location because it’s the perfect setting for this kind of festival.

Describe your ideal vacation:

I’d probably be with a handful of friends and involve road tripping. I don’t care if that’s in the US or in Europe. I’d want to go to continuously travel, but have enough time in each place to become familiar with it.

Fruit or mint-flavored gum?

Mint.

Tell me about a woman who inspires you:

The woman who runs my internship, Crista Monroe. She owns and operates FolkWest music festival. She’s so generous and very representative of who I want to be. On top of all her work, she is a mom, wife, and also runs a jewelry business for fun. Overall she’s just a dope human.

What’s your #afterdark drink of choice?

Probably a moscow mule or if they make kombucha cocktails I’d be really into that.  

What mythical creature do you identify with the most and why?

Mostly because I’m a small human, a fairy. I’m a small person, and I can be overwhelming at times. Also, I love wearing glitter on my face, and I’d love it if I could fly.

You’re on death row, what’s your last meal?

Even though I’m a vegetarian, I want BBQ styled food. Hmm, watermelon, a (vegan) hotdog, pasta salad,  and corn on the cob.

Elissa is a sophomore studying Arts Management at the University of Oregon. In addition to being senior editor of Her Campus Oregon, she is recruitment coordinator and campaign co-director for Climate Justice League, a member of Music Industry Collective, and works as a barista. When she's not hiking or watching documentaries, she's creating collages and dope Spotify playlists. In the future she hopes to travel the world and work for a major music festival. 
The official Her Campus Oregon account