This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Name: Eleanor Williams

Year: Sophomore

Major: Environmental Studies

Hometown: Lake Oswego, Oregon

If you were a spy, what would be your secret mission and why?

My secret mission would be to infiltrate the fossil fuel industry to either completely destroy them or at least force the switch from fossil fuels to sustainable, renewable resources.

After a bad day, what’s your go-to comfort food?

Every bad day can be solved with a potato and egg burrito from El Super.

Give a brief overview how to be a badass activist and feminist like yourself:

Intersectionality!! It’s so so essential to realize the ways in which socially constructed systems of oppression such as race, gender, class, sexual orientation, etc. affect every issue of social justice. As a white woman, I think it’s important to avoid white feminism that ignores issues and oppression that other women and femmes face every day. I do my best to try to educate my peers who do ignore these issues.

If you were to design a music festival, who would headline and where would it be located?

I think it would be cool to have a music festival in the Yosemite Valley of Yosemite National Park because it’s probably one of the most magical and spiritual places I have ever been to. Naming headliners is hard! To help myself out, I’ll keep it to artists who are still alive and who I would love to see play in a place like Yosemite. I don’t know if I could ever choose just one, but my top seven *laughs* would probably be Rihanna, Kaytranada, Childish Gambino, Anderson.Paak, Nicki Minaj, Thundercat, and NoName.

What’s your favorite book?

This is really hard because I am a huge nerd. I read a lot before college absorbed any free reading time I used to have. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley and Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut are two of my favorites.

What are your plans for spring break?

I’ll be working on self-care and recovery after a super stressful term! I will also be doing some reading for fun, calling my representatives, and making some chili.

Elissa is a sophomore studying Arts Management at the University of Oregon. In addition to being senior editor of Her Campus Oregon, she is recruitment coordinator and campaign co-director for Climate Justice League, a member of Music Industry Collective, and works as a barista. When she's not hiking or watching documentaries, she's creating collages and dope Spotify playlists. In the future she hopes to travel the world and work for a major music festival. 
The official Her Campus Oregon account