Campus Fashionista: Kenzie Gaylord

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

HCO: How would you best describe your style?

Well, I would say that my style is kind of hard to describe because it’s full of a ton of random items. But it’s definitely very relaxed and chill, not too girly and sometimes a little vintage. I love buying clothing items that I know no one else will have, for example from a thrift stop or something like that, or really simple things that don’t have a brand name on them. Cause nothing is worse then running into someone wearing the same shirt as you.

HCO: How and why do you incorporate men’s clothes into your look?

Well to be honest, guys’ clothes are just a million times better than most girls clothes. Any flannel that I own, I bought in the men’s section cause its really difficult to find a good quality, thick, legitimate flannel in the girls section. Most of the time they aren’t even actual flannel material.  Also, since my style is more relaxed and I tend to buy clothes a size bigger than I actually am, guys clothes fit into my style better than most girls’ clothes. I do still buy a lot of girl clothes though.

HCO: What is the most coveted thing in your closet?

Definitely my flannel collection.  I am known for wearing a flannel almost daily. It’s almost sad how many flannels I have but I’m very proud of them.

HCO: What accessory could you not live without?

MY RINGS. I wear 9 rings everyday and I feel naked if I don’t have them on. They are my babies.

HCO: What’s your secret finishing touch to an outfit?

A jacket… Or a flannel. 

I'm a sophomore at the University of Oregon, and a California girl at heart! I love writing and fashion, but I will always be a sucker for a good book. No one said you can't love the old and the new!