Campus Cutie: Megan DuMont

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Name: Megan DuMont

Year: Junior

Hometown: Portland, Oregon

Major: Family and Human Services

HCO: What activities do you do on campus?

I’m involved in my sorority, Pi Beta Phi, and I’m a part of an intramural softball team. 

HCO: What do you like to do in your free?

I really like to go on runs, read and hang out with friends. I also like to spend a lot of time outside going on hikes. 

HCO: What has been your favorite trip you’ve been on?

My favorite trip I’ve been on was when I went to India this past winter break to work with kids at the village school and the kids in the special needs community. We went to the schools every day to hang out with the kids to teach them games and help them with their English. 

HCO: How would your friends describe yourself?

My friends would describe me as strong willed, compassionate, subtly sassy, kind hearted and loyal. 

HCO: What do you want to be known for?

I want to be known for helping people. My passion is to help people in the world and to make a change through the work that I do. 

HCO: What has been your favorite memory of college so far?

My favorite memory has been being a part of my sorority. I have been presented with so many opportunities like volunteering with third graders and having the chance to serve as a policy and standards board member. Also, through Pi Phi I have made some of my best friends. 

The official Her Campus Oregon account