Campus Cutie: Lauren Elizabeth Todd

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Hometown: Gladstone, Oregon

Major/Minor: Public Relations with a minor in Media Studies

Year: Senior

Star Sign/Zodiac: Aries

Celebrity crush: Zac Efron

As an aspiring event planner and music guru, Lauren tells us a bit about her life, her favorites and her experiences throughout her time at the University of Oregon. As an executive board member of the university’s PRSSA chapter and intern at various music gigs and lifestyle events, her experience has lead her to graduation this June. Wishing her the best of luck after graduation. And as always, Go Ducks!

What organizations are you involved with on campus? Position?

I am the Internal Events Director for Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA).  I develop events and opportunities for our members to get better connected with PR professionals.

What has been the best part of your time at the University of Oregon?

My favorite part of the last four years was studying abroad in London last spring.

Tell us about your study abroad adventure!

I got to spend three months in London, England where I got to take British History and Art History courses, experience life in a big city, travel to seven countries and even meet celebrities! It was an experience of a lifetime.

What is your dream vacation/destination?

I have had such incredible opportunities to travel. I think the next destination on my bucket list would be either Italy or New Zealand!

What are your plans for after graduation?

Right now, I have a few interviews lined up for summer internships but my main goal is to pursue event planning in an entertainment setting.

What is your dream job? And where do you hope to eventually live?

My dream job, for my twenties, would be to work with bands on a promotional level. I would love to live anywhere; I’m a traveller at heart and would love to experience any big city!

Tell us about your fun experiences working with music artists/bands.

I have had the opportunity to work at three concerts for Andy Grammer, best known for his hits “Keep Your Head Up” and “Honey, I’m Good.” I work as a tour crewmember and spend two months promoting his upcoming show in Portland and then work the VIP meet and greet at the concert. It is an incredible experience, mainly since I love music and concerts so much!

Favorite band or musical artist?

This is probably the hardest question for me to answer, mainly because I change my mind so often! I love Gavin DeGraw, Usher, Andy Grammer, Matchbox Twenty and Kate Voegele. It really just depends on my mood!

Where do you like to shop?

I’m not big on fashion so I would have to say Ulta.

How would you describe your style?

I guess I would say laid back? I am probably the least fashionable person, but I love dresses!

What is your favorite piece of clothing, currently in your closet?

Probably this white and black printed top I got from H&M in Ireland of spring break.

What is your go-to spring fashion piece?

My sunnies! I love sunglasses and I recently got a rose-gold pair from Nordstrom Rack and I’m obsessed with them.

What is your go-to nail polish color?

Easy, pink!

If you could only bring one piece of makeup with you on a stranded island, what would you bring?

I would bring lipstick with me! If you have ever seen Hairspray then you know the quote, “Cause a little bit of lipstick never hurt no one.” I basically live by that quote.

Full-time student at the University of Oregon expected to graduate from the School of Journalism and Communications in 2016. Majoring in Public Relations. I currently serve as the Chapter President of the UO Public Relations Student Society of America for the 2015-2016 school year and am a writer/photographer for Her Campus Oregon. Passionate for fashion, event production, and photography. Experienced in leadership, team management, and organization.
The official Her Campus Oregon account