Campus Cutie: Haylee Metzner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Name: Haylee Metzner

Major: Human Physiology

Minor: English

Year: Junior

Hometown: Hillsboro, Oregon

HCO: What do you like to do in your spare time?

In my spare time I like to binge watch Gossip Girl, The Daily Show, Friends and the occasional weird National Geographic documentary on Netflix. I also love to read; currently I am deep in the Divergent series.

HCO: What do you see yourself doing after graduation?

After graduation I plan to join the work force for a couple of years. Hopefully I will be able to get a job as an assistant up at OHSU or a hospital near my hometown and work there while taking classes at Portland State.

HCO: If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?

If I could live anywhere?! Hmmm…it would probably have to be between Scotland or Greece. I like the idea of Scotland because I have heard that they have similar weather to Eugene, so that wouldn’t be too much of a change and my family is from there.

HCO: What can’t you live without?

Sentimentally, I cannot live without my inner circle of friends and family. Materialistically, I really don’t think that I could live without Red bull.

HCO: What is your favorite thing about the University of Oregon?

My favorite thing about the U of O is how easy it is to make friends. Also–our campus is beautiful, our libraries are gorgeous, and our professors are super down to earth. But the people here are definitely my favorite part.

HCO: Your favorite moment of college so far?

Oh that’s a really good question…. probably the numerous outings my roommates and I take to breakfast that aren’t really breakfast because it is usually at 4 in the afternoon on the weekends. I also really love taking mid-afternoon naps after an early class.

HCO: Favorite place to eat in Eugene?

That’s so hard! Okay, favorite for breakfast is the Glenwood by campus, upstairs, in the comfy chairs. Lunch…I am going to have to go with Off The Waffle because we never eat it before noon, and dinner is definitely McMenamins on the river.