This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Meet this week’s handsome, genuine, and ambitious campus cutie: Eric Sommerfeld!

19 and a freshman at the University of Oregon, Eric is working towards a degree in business administration. He enjoys playing baseball, playing soccer, and working out in his free time. We sat down with this cutie (who happens to have a very contagious smile) to learn a little more about him.

HCO: Where is a place you dream of travelling? Why?

Eric: I’d like to go to Italy, because I’m taking Italian and really enjoy the language. It’s beautiful and everywhere you go the culture seems incredible. The people seem to be really friendly too. 

HCO: What’s your idea of a dream date?

Eric: Some good comfort food at a place we can just have fun and relax, then go out for some froyo, and watch Parks and Recreation after.

HCO: Favorite movie?

Eric: I can’t pick just one… I really liked Interstellar, and both Planet of the Apes. Moneyball and the Rocky movies are really good too. I like movies where you can get behind the main character and cheer for them.

HCO: What’s your biggest career goal?

Eric: Being in a job where I’m always happy and helping other people.

HCO: If you were given 1 million dollars, what would you do with it?

Eric: I’d pay for my sisters’ college, buy my mom a new house and car, donate some, and invest the rest.

HCO: Who’s your celebrity crush?

Eric: Beyoncé. Hands down.

HCO: Biggest thing on your bucket list?

Eric:  Going to a baseball game in every major league stadium…. Ooh, or go to all seven games of a World Series or all seven matches of a Stanley Cup final.

Melissa is a freshman at the University of Oregon. She's working toward a journalism major with a minor in PR and business administration. She hopes to write, design, and style for a fashion magazine in New York. She loves being a writer for Her Campus Oregon and Ethos magazine, as well as being a member of U of O's Women in Business. In her free time she enjoys working on her fashion blog, sketching, and shopping.
The official Her Campus Oregon account