Campus Celebrity: Laura Ruddy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Laura Ruddy, known simply as Ruddy to most, is an adorable bundle of energy who is a senior Human Physiology major. She also happens to be the captain of the women’s lacrosse team, that recently defeated Oregon State to make it to the National Playoffs of the Northwest Women’s Lacrosse League. Congratulations, girls!

What position do you play?

Defense, along with being the second year captain.

What are you most proud of this year so far team-wise?

Beating Northwestern in double overtime in Santa Barbara. Really hard game against a top ranked team, and my teammates refused to let it phase them. It was an incredible display of teamwork, love, and determination.

What was the process of making it to Nationals like?

There were a few games, especially against OSU and Western Washington, that were a little rough. But for the most part, we were the clear front-runners in the league and we showed that we deserve to go to Nationals.

Do you have any lucky traditions/superstitions?

I surprisingly don’t have any lucky traditions. I mean, I refuse to put my left sock or shoe on before my right. And I won’t redo my hair during a game if we’re winning. And I won’t give high fives with my left hand. Ever. If someone touches my left hand, I’ll make them touch it again to “take it back”. But that’s totally normal, right?

What do you do in your spare time?

Spare time is a myth, duh. But on the off chance I do have free time, I like reading Game of Thrones or anything about Abraham Lincoln–and cook, especially paleo. Love that ish.

What’s your favorite breakfast food?

I’m all about really big, hearty breakfasts. At least three eggs, at least one kind of meat, and maybe toss some greens up in that b*tch. Breakfast is literally the only reason I get out of bed every day.

What keeps you going and motivates you to greatness?

Besides breakfast foods… I’m usually tired. But I have gotten better about keeping my goals in mind, and that helps keep me going. Every night after lacrosse practice, the last thing I ever want to do is hw (2-3 hrs at least). But then I remember that I want to be a physical therapists, and physical therapists get A’s, and A students do their hw, so I somehow end up doing it. Also, I like to get better grades than annoying beaches (you know what I mean) so I can rub it in their faces. No joke.

The official Her Campus Oregon account