clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Campus Celeb: Nicky Schneidman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Meet the latest University of Oregon campus celebrity: Nicky Schneidman. 

Year: Senior

Major: Sociology and a nonprofit organization minor

Hometown: Beverly Hills, California

HCO: What brought you to UO?

I was going to stay in California because I’m very close to my family but I wanted to do my own thing and experience something new. I wanted to expand my horizons and have something very different that was set apart from everyone I know.

HCO: What organizations have you been involved in at UO? 

In Oregon I really stuck with Greek life as my connect to social life. I know a lot of people rag on Greek life and say individuals are just “buying friends,” but I think enrolling in the recruitment program is just like enrolling in any other program offered on campus. I would never have met my best friends without Greek life and my experience here would not have been as epic as it has without it. 

HCO: What has been your favorite memory at UO? 

My favorite memories at U of O have been dancing in the backyard of my friend’s houses singing along to all the music and thinking, as cheesy as it sounds, that these days should never end!

HCO: What are your plans for after graduation?

When I graduate, I plan to join my dad in the real estate family business. I will be working part-time at a dance studio that I have worked at for two years now, and hope to join in on the amazing cause and organization that is Make a Wish Foundation in Los Angeles. I will be living with one of my best friends from high school in an apartment. But you can always catch me at future football games. Once a duck, always a duck. 

I am currently a senior at the University of Oregon, majoring in public relations and minoring in communication studies. I love writing, journaling, and using social media; my favorite types of social media are Pinterest and Twitter. In my spare time you can find me enjoying the outdoors, socializing with my sorority sisters, or at an Oregon football game.
The official Her Campus Oregon account