This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Name:  Kasey Coffey

Year: Senior

Hometown: Kirkland, WA

Major: Journalism: Advertising

Status: Single

If you ever have the luxury of wandering around Allen Hall School Of Journalism, you are pretty much guarenteed to spot this bubbly brunette hard at work on something!  Not only is Kasey a dedicated journalism student, but she is the designer for Allen Hall PR. Need help with a logo, video edit or blog post? Kasey is your go-to girl, all you need to do is head to Allen Hall and look for her big smile and even bigger dimples! 

HCO: Why did you choose journalism as your career path?

I chose journalism as my career path because I have always been in tune with social media for as long as I can remember (anyone remember Xanga? Pre-Myspace days). I’ve also had a passion for graphic design since becoming fluent in Photoshop at age 10. I have Myspace and Neopets to thank for that.

HCO: What do you do specifically as the designer for Allen Hall PR?

As the designer for AHPR, I was responsible for rebranding our image, designing the website, and designing for the account teams. I have designed posters, print ads, and newsletters, to name a few examples. 

HCO: What else have you been involved in within the journalism community? 

Recently I began a personal project, #SelfSendOff, documenting all of my friends on video. My intention was to capture all of my close friends in our final moments before graduating and for each of them to send themselves off with a message to themselves. In addition to the video, I created a Tumblr blog with an accumulation of photos from the past four years, and my goal for the blog was for it to be a community where everyone in the video can reminisce on college memories. It’s still a work in progress, but a viewing party will definitely be in order. 

I was also lucky to be a part of the UONYC Experience 2013 to visit agencies such as Code + Theory, JWT, Wieden + Kennedy, and many more agencies. I’m going on this trip again this year and I’m very excited! Definitely the trip of a lifetime. 

HCO: What is your future dream job? 

I want to be a bossy art director for an agency with amazing clients. My dream is to create epic campaigns that are thought provoking and engaging. I want people to remember my work. 

HCO: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

I hope to see myself in London. It has always been a dream of mine to live in London for part of my life.

HCO: What is your biggest fear?

Spiders. Just, no.

HCO: Do you have any regrets from college?

None!

HCO: What is the number one thing to do on your bucket list?

To live in London for a period of my life.

HCO: What television cartoon character do you most relate to and why?

Buttercup from the Powerpuff Girls. She’s been kicking butt and taking names since Pokey Oaks Kindergarten and I fully relate to that. 

HCO: What celebrity most inspires you?

Beyonce…for obvious reasons.

HCO: Who has been the most influential person in your life?

My mother has been the most influential person in my life. She has always taught me to be independent and how to be my own person. Her endless support and brutally (but brilliantly) honest advice about life is what has shaped me into the person I am today. 

HCO: What are your words of advice to younger aspiring J majors?

Get to know your professors and your colleagues! The community at the SOJC is something really special; I’d give an arm and a leg for my fellow ducks. 

HCO: Is there one quote or saying that you live by?

Things aren’t always #000000 and #FFFFFF. Get it?! #designerprobs

Sophomore journalism student at the University Of Oregon.
The official Her Campus Oregon account