Campus Celeb: Caitlin Kurz

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Year: Sophomore

Major: Human Physiology

Hometown: San Francisco, CA

HCO: What is your favorite part about University of Oregon?

I love the school spirit. There is no other college campus that has so much enthusiasm for their school. I went to a high school with absolutely no school spirit. I love how everyone wears Oregon gear all the time—I smile every time I hear “scoo ducks!”

HCO: How did you decide on a Human Physiology major?

I have always loved science, and I think the human body is really interesting and I want to know how it works.

HCO: Alright, I have to ask since you’re from San Francisco: Giants or A’s?

What? That is way too hard. I root for them both, but when they play each other, I root for the A’s.

HCO: How is Eugene different from San Francisco?

In every possible sense. San Francisco is such a big city; definitely not as green or flat as Eugene.

HCO: Do you have any hidden talents?

I can juggle and lick my elbow.

HCO: Any advice for University of Oregon freshman next year?

Go to as many campus events as you can (lectures, plays, etc.) and enjoy the dorm food.

HCO: What three items would you bring with you on a deserted island?

Chocolate, Bagels, and my I-pod.

HCO: And finally, if you had to eat at one restaurant that’s near campus for the rest of college, where would you choose and why?

Beppe and Gianni’s, because I love Italian food.

Rachel is a Junior at the University of Oregon studying Journalism, Advertising, and English. She is on the writing team for HCO. She aspires to become an editor of a fashion magazine, a food writer, or creative strategist at an advertising firm. Rachel has always loved the freedom of writing and loves all things creative, makeup, fashion, food and Art History. When not studying for school, she enjoys the beach, traveling, dancing, and eating Nutella.
The official Her Campus Oregon account